Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mondays With the Maid

I am a day behind.  Not for lack of trying.  My plan was to tell you how to clean that awful cloud of hard water build up off your glass shower doors.

See how it looks like there is fog in my shower.  There's not.

I thought this was going to be an easy fix.  A little CLR, problem solved.  How arrogant of me.  I put my trusty CLR in a spray bottle, soaked the glass and let it sit for a few minutes.  Then I scrubbed it with a scouring pad and rinsed and dried it. Here is how it looked.
See the difference?  That's a trick question.  There is no difference.

 Next, I went to my "go to" favorite, nothing else is working, cleaner.  I used the same technique.  Spray, sit, scrub, rinse, dry.  Nothing.  Alright.  An online search told me to use vinegar and a dryer sheet.  This was not the first time I had heard of using a dryer sheet in cleaning and I have to admit I have been more than a little curious about it's abilities.  I had high hopes on this one.  I mean, if the internet says it, it must be true right?  Spray, sit, scrub, rinse, dry.  Damn.

The moral of the story is maintain your shower doors.  Do not let them get as foggy as a Scooby Doo scene because I have not found a way to successfully get them sparkling clean again.  I do not take responsibility for mine.  They were this way when I got them.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment