Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

Yesterday was rough.  I did not have time to pee let alone write my weekly wine review.  So instead of Winey Wednesday, we have Thirsty Thursday.  Better late then never, right?  I HAVE to do it today because I can't come up with a cute saying involving wine and drinking.  I'm sure if I did a poll of college students they could give me more than a few, but I'm short on time and college age people.

Anyhow, this week's wine selection comes courtesy of my sister and sister-in-law.  It is red...  my sister-in-law is a red wine drinker who picks wine the same way I do.  Looks.  She is wine shallow too.

 
I did not think I liked red wine which I always kind of hated, simply because I think a glass of red wine looks so much more sophisticated then a glass of white wine (I keep telling you I'm shallow). 
 
This is a California red wine by Parfait.  It is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Syrah, Petite Sirah and Merlot.  I wonder if Syrah and Sirah are like Sara and Sarah... 
 
The bottle describes this wine as "rich and lush with blackberry and chocolate flavors and a long smooth taste".  I am not sure if I am loopy from drinking so much alcohol recently or if I'm just getting better at this, but I totally get it.  This wine felt "full" on my tongue.  I really can't describe it better than that.  Sorry.  It was also very smooth and although not really sweet, it did taste a little fruity.  I did not feel it was dry at all.  I REALLY liked this wine (notice the review is all in past tense? Gone.)  I will be finding out where to get this because it is really good.  I am also going to subtly suggest my sister and her wife always buy me wine since they are so much better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment