Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

I have never been a big drinker.  I only like beer when I'm already looped, I'm too lazy to learn to mix cocktails and I'm pretty sure Children's Services would have something to say about having my kids do it for me.  So I'm left with wine. 

I don't know the first thing about wine.  I guess that's not true.  I know it comes in at least three colors.  Some kinds are considered "dry"  which seems like a misnomer.  Some kinds are considered "fruity" also seems weird since they all come from fruit.  Anyway, I have decided since I am now a mother of three, for the good of all humanity, I need to learn to like wine.

I am going to review (in my EXTREME layman's terms) the different wines I sample.  I will decide which wine to try based entirely on the prettiness of the label as well as which one is on sale, because I am shallow and cheap.  Not sure how you will like it, but I guarantee I will have fun!

The first wine I tried is by Cupcake Vineyards and is called Angel Food.  It was on sale for $6.99.  The label reads "luscious, aromatic and delightfully reminiscent of an angel food cupcake.  Flavors of baked Granny Smith apple and hints of toasty vanilla combine for a creamy mouthfeel."  They had me at cupcake.

 
I clearly had a different vision of what Angel Food cake in wine form would taste like.  Angel food cake is light and sweet.  This wine is heavy and burny.  Yes, I am sure burny is a word.  Look it up.
 
Not especially sweet, it has a harsh almost chemically taste, not the creamy vanilla baked apple I was promised. False advertising.  At least I have a pretty bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment