Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Winey Wednesdays

After the let down of last weeks "pretty label" selection, I decided to pick a wine based on advertising.  If TV says it, it must be true, right?

I love watching America's Test Kitchen on PBS.  I also love their magazines, books and website.  If they did not exist, I would get so much more done, but be a waaaaay crappier cook.  Anyway, they recommend Woodbridge wine at the beginning of each show.  I do realize that only means Woodbridge helps pay for the show, but after seeing it so many times, I decided to give it a try.



I chose their "Sweet Wine".  On sale it was $8.99.  It is said to "showcase floral aromas with flavors of ripe citrus and tropical fruit and a finish that is delicately sweet and refreshing, making it food friendly and delightful for sipping".  It is sweet.  It is fruity.  It is good for sipping.  It is too sweet and fruity for eating and sipping.  Maybe with cheese and crackers, but not with dinner.  I like it, but I am in pursuit of the perfect wine for me.  This one is not light and crisp enough.  The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment