Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Too Much Chocolate Cake

I don't believe any cake could live up to this cake's name.  I do not feel you can EVER have too much chocolate.  That's like saying you eat too many vegetables.  Simply not possible.

As you can imagine, I looooove this cake.  I love it for it's ease and it's texture and of course, it's chocolaty-ness.  Yes.  It's a word.  Look it up.  The pudding gives the cake a velvety moistness that is divine and the chips give a nice contrasting texture and chocolate punch.  So freaking good.

I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and gave it some love.  Here is the link to the original Too Much Chocolate Cake ... and here is my version.

Too Much Chocolate Cake
 
Ingredients:
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding
1 c. low-fat sour cream
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs
3/4 c. warm water
1 t. espresso powder
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
 
 
Directions:
Combine warm water and espresso powder in measuring cup and set aside.
Whisk together cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk sour cream, oil, eggs and espresso mix until combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. 
Stir in chips.
Pour into greased bundt pan and smooth top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan, the invert onto serving platter.
 
 
*I made a simple glaze of powdered sugar with a splash of vanilla and enough milk to get a nice consistency.
 
*This picture made me realize I need a cake stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment