Monday, March 11, 2013

Mondays With the Maid

My smalls like to help me clean.  Seems helpful, but as any mother knows, it's not.  I try to come up with easy and not messy things for them to do.  Dusting is my go-to, but squirting on the Murphy's and then wiping it all over is a bit involved for my big boy.  He really has a hard time spreading the oil around and keeps screaming "I need more squirt!" at me.  Like I said, not really helpful.

If you have looked at my blog much, you have seen that I make my own baby wipes.  If you have not checked that post out, you can find it here.   One day I decided to just give him a wipe to use on the table to make life easier and it occurred to me...  I could easily make furniture wipes using the same technique.  Awesome idea!  So much easier and neater than the rag method also a great way to occupy a toddler.  Here is my recipe:


Furniture Wipes
 



What You Need:
1/2 roll paper towels (I cut mine with a serrated knife)
1-3/4 c. hot water
1/4 c. Murphy's Oil Soap
Gallon size Ziploc bag

What You Do:
Mix together oil soap and water.  Place paper towels in bag and pour mixture over.  Let stand overnight.  Pull cardboard from center, it will bring the first towel up with it.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment