Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Winey Wednesdays

Today's selection is........

(I apologize for the crappy photo.  It's late, I've had some wine, and it is good enough)
 
This is a Malbec by Gaucho Spur.  The label says this "Argentinean Malbec is reputably rich in flavors of plums and cherries.  Notes of vanilla and chocolate carry this wine".
 
Hmmmmm.  Okay.  I will start with the smell.  It has a fairly strong, alcoholy (it sounds like a real word so it must be) smell.  I can go with the cherry and maybe even the chocolate, but this wine is pretty assertive (not necessarily a bad thing) and no matter how much I try, I can't find the plum or vanilla.  I really like the after taste of this wine, but I don't think I am a fan of "bite" (thank you to my sister-in-law for the suggestion of bite instead of burn) and this wine has some bite to it.  All in all though, a pretty good wine!
 
Next week:  Chardonnay with a pretty tree on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment