Friday, March 22, 2013

Fitness Fridays

I have to believe that tank top season is right around the corner, even though it appears that little groundhog is a lying bast...  you know what I mean.  I was looking around for a cool arm workout and one of the most suggested moves was the push-up.  I came across this variation and though it looked cool so I tried it.  The difference is amazing!  If you have a hard time with regular push-ups, try this version, it is much easier to maintain your position without creeping across the floor (you know what I mean).

 
Lie on your stomach with your legs out straight and spread a few inches wider than hip-width apart. Bend your elbows and place your palms on the floor a bit to the side and in front of your shoulders. Straighten your arms and lift your body so you're balanced on your palms and the underside of your toes. Keeping your back straight, bend your elbows and lower your entire body at once. Rather than trying to touch your chest to the floor, lower only until your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Push back up.  I shoot for 10-15 reps starting out and work my way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment