Friday, March 15, 2013

Fitness Fridays

Today I am sharing a variation of the classic crunch.  I discovered it in a pole dancing class I took after I had my first son.  (For the record, pole dancing is GREAT exercise)  I tried to hunt down some pictures for you and only found one.  Since I have no one around right now to take a photo of me demonstrating, I will do my best at describing it.  I'm pretty sure I can handle it.  It is known as the clam crunch (sounds dirty) or the butterfly crunch.

This is step 2.
 
Step 1:  Lay on your back.  Bend your knees and touch the bottoms of your feet together making a diamond shape and resting your legs on the floor.
Step 2:  Place your hands behind your head and curl your head and knees up and toward each other, keeping the diamond shape with your legs.  Squeeze your tummy muscles as you go.
Step 3:  Return to the original position.
 
 
I really like this ab exercise because it works the upper and lower abdominals.  I try to hit 50 reps.  My baby ravaged belly needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment