Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lemon Loaf

I love lemon in an oddly intense sort of way.  I love lemon candy, lemon cake, lemon pie, and lemon pudding.  I love it in my water.  I love it squeezed on fish or chicken.  I love how it makes a disposal smell all fresh.  Told you.  Odd.
The point of this whole story, is I made blueberry butter.  This, of course, needed something to be spread on.  What better than a bright, little bit tart, loaf of lemon bread?  In my humble opinion, nothing.  The tang and freshness of lemon topped with smooth, sweet blueberry goodness.  A perfect pair.

Lemon Loaf
 
Ingredients:
6 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. buttermilk
zest of 1 lemon
 
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
Add eggs and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
Add flour mixture, half at a time, alternating with the buttermilk also half at a time.
Blend in zest.
Pour into a well greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Squeeze the juice of a lemon half over the top of the bread while it is still hot.
 
 
***Want to make some blueberry butter for your lemon bread?  Check out how here!***


No comments:

Post a Comment