Sunday, June 23, 2013

Simple Sides-Summer Vegetable Sauté

For me, summertime meals are all about simple cooking that makes the most of all the beautiful, fresh produce at out fingertips.  Here is Ohio, we are just beginning to get early crops of squash, so last night for dinner, I decided to whip up one of my people's favorite side dishes.  It is simple to make and easy to manipulate, depending on what you have on hand.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Summer Vegetable Sauté
 
 
Ingredients:
olive oil
zucchini (I used 3 small-ish ones), sliced
yellow squash (I used 3 small-ish ones), sliced
bell pepper (I used about 1/2 pepper because that was all I had, but I like more), chopped
salt and pepper
 
Directions:
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium- high heat.
Add olive oil and heat until shimmering.
Add veggies and cook, stirring occasionally until browning and cooked to your liking (we like them more firm than soft).
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment