Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Winey Wednesdays

I just got back from a huge family vacation in the Outer Banks.  It was wonderful.  Lots or ocean, pool, family, food and WINE!  It was nice to have more than one bottle open at a time (usually it is just me drinking, don't judge, I am home with three kids all day) so I could taste them side by side and see the differences.  It made it much easier to identify subtle flavors.  I enjoyed it so much, that I see a wine tasting party in my future!
Today, I am sharing my personal favorite wine from my trip.  My sister and sister-in-law brought it, so I don't have price info, but they tend to stay in the $12-$15 range like me. 


This wine is a Pinot Noir.  The label describes it as having flavors of "dark cherry and wild thyme".  I was surprised at how light it was when I poured it into my glass.  The color made me expect a light flavor, but I was surprised to find the wine was pleasantly rich.  It had a fruity and sweet flavor, but was not cloying.  It was a very full, but not heavy wine.  I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment