Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Banana Lover's Banana Bread

My husband LOVES banana bread.  I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the fact that I add chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (or both) when I mix it up.  I have been using the same recipe for years and it is always a big hit.  Unfortunately for my husband, I am not one of those people who believes if you should not mess with a good thing.
I came across this recipe on the wide wide world of Pinterest and loved the simplicity.  It is apparently from an eatery known for it's wonderful banana bread and was featured in Bon Appetit.  I had some sketchy bananas so I figured I would give it a try. 
I discovered this loaf browns dramatically while baking (so don't freak out) and is wonderful when eaten fresh from the oven.  It is has a slightly crispy and chewy crust with a densely freckled, cakey interior.  After it cools, you should warm it up in the microwave or even the toaster because it is not as good room temp.
I will say, I found it yummy and much more banana-y than my stand-by recipe, but my husband and little people were not fans.  I don't think the recipe is to blame, clearly it was my fault for not adding chocolate chips...

Banana Lover's Banana Bread
 
 
Ingredients:
Nonstick spray
1-3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt                                        
3 eggs
1-1/2 c. sugar
1 c. mashed ripe bananas (it took 3 for me)
3/4 c. vegetable oil
Directions:
Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
Whisk eggs, sugar, bananas, and oil in a large bowl until smooth.
Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir just until combined.
Scrape batter into a loaf pan sprayed with nonstick spray and smooth top. 
Bake at 350 degrees until a tester inserted into the center of bread comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack; let bread cool in pan for 15 minutes.
Run a knife around inside of pan to release the bread.
Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.


***I found this recipe here ***


No comments:

Post a Comment