Friday, June 21, 2013

Fitness Fridays - Summertime Fun



Walking the beach with my boys (In some VERY unflattering shorts.  No worries, I am burning them NOW!).


I have been trying my darnedest to get out and enjoy the wonderful warm weather, and you should too!  Here are a few reasons:

1 hour of hiking = 422 calories
1 hour of badminton = 317 calories
1 hour of moderately rowing a canoe = 493 calories
1 hour of hopscotch = 352 calories
1 hour of moderate bicycling = 563 calories
1 hour of Frisbee = 211 calories
1 hour of gardening = 281 calories
1 hour of mowing your lawn with a push mower = 387 calories
1 hour of walking with your kids around the neighborhood = 176 calories
1 hour of roller-skating = 493 calories
1 hour of swimming leisurely = 422 calories
1 hour of jumping on the trampoline = 246 calories

Shocked?  Excited?  Motivated?  I hope so!  Grab your kiddies and get out and play!  Your butt will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment