Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My First Food Post- Japanese Steakhouse Creamy Dressing

I unabashedly love the creamy gingery salad dressing at my local Japanese hibachi restaurant.  The thought of only enjoying it while other people quietly judge me for the slurping and yum-ing noises I make, was a major bummer.  I discovered they will sell it to you, but considering I have two kids, two dogs a husband and a part time job, I was having problems finding the time to actually get there.  Not to be beaten, I remembered this new thing they call Google.  All the kids are using it nowadays to find recipes.  Right.  Anyhoo, all I found was the same recipe for Benihana's salad dressing over and over again.  It is not a creamy dressing.  Sigh.  I decided to use what I had learned from hours of salad dressing research to create my own knock-off.  It is really dang close.  It is really dang easy.  It is really dang good.  Slurp, yum.

Creamy Ginger Dressing

Ingredients:
1/4 c. chopped celery
1 Tbsp. grated ginger
1-1/2 tsp. tomato paste
1-1/2 tsp. sugar 
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. tahini
3 Tbsp. mayo
1/4 c. peanut oil

Directions:
Put first 4 ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.  Add next 6 ingredients and process until smooth and uniform.  While running, add oil in steady stream until emulsified.  Store in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment