Friday, December 16, 2011

Chewy Banana Cookies

I obviously have issues with my fruit consumption as I'm always making desserts out of "aged" specimens...  Maybe my New Year's resolution should be to try to eat the fruit while it's fresh rather than finding a way to cover it with butter and chocolate after it's not...  however that does not sound like as much fun.  I think I'll stick with what I know and I know butter.  On that note, here is a recipe I devised after searching for a banana cookie recipe.  All I found were cakey cookies and I wanted a chewier type.  Necessity is the mother of invention and cookies are definitely a necessity in my house!

Chewy Banana Cookies

Ingredients
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed dark brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 VERY ripe bananas
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter

Directions
Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.

Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.

Hello lovelies...

Add bananas and mix to break them up and combine the batter.  It will look kinda gross.

Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. and add to batter, mixing till combined.

Fold in chocolate chips.  Much prettier now.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking.

Voila!  Now, you can stop here OR you can do as I do and...

Tuck a sandwich size baggie in a coffee cup... stick with me it will make sense in a minute.

Melt peanut butter in the microwave (it will take maybe 30 seconds) and pour into the bag in the mug... do you see where I'm going with this?

Pull out your neatly filled bag (thank you for your service mug) and snip off the tiniest amount of the corner.  I mean tiny.  Seriously.  There will be peanut butter EVERYWHERE!

Now squeeze the melted peanut butter onto your cookies.  Do any design you like.  I am un-original so I did zigzags.  Finito!

No comments:

Post a Comment