Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cookie Dough Sins

My husband LOVES cookie dough.  We order the frozen cookie dough balls you can just throw on a baking sheet and bake every year from school and he eats them frozen, uncooked.  Gross.  Raw eggs make me squirm.  You will never see a recipe using uncooked meringue from me.  I can't get over that snot-like consistency.  I'm grossing myself out just talking about it.  The whole point is my husband likes cookie dough and when I saw this recipe I knew he would love it.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I saw it originally...  and unfortunately my husband was sticking his fingers in the bowl as I was making them and I forgot to take action photos... Mommy brain strikes again.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles


Ingredients
1/3 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 c. mini chocolate chips
4 oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 oz. chocolate candy coating, chopped
1 Tbsp. shortening

Directions
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla till smooth.  Add flour and beat till combined (this will look very crumbly, SO wish I had a picture).  Stir in chocolate chips.  Press into 1" balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.

Melt chocolates and shortening over low heat until smooth. 

Dip frozen balls into melted chocolate and place back on prepared baking sheet ( I used a corn holder for this, but you could use a skewer or a fork.  The balls are very firm and need to be, so a toothpick probably won't work).  Chill 30 minutes or until set.  Use remaining chocolate (I had to pop it in the microwave to re-melt it) to drizzle over top.  Store in fridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment