Friday, December 23, 2011

Meatballs

Barbequed meatballs are my go-to carry-in food (that is a lot of hyphens).  These are based on a recipe I got from a fundraiser cookbook when I was a kid.  They are awesome.  They are easy (maybe that's why I think they're awesome).  My daughter loves loves loves them.  All the ingredients are adjustable so feel free to use more of one or less of another.  Have fun!

Barbecued Meatballs

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. grape jelly
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1-2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
3-14 oz. bags frozen meatballs

Directions:
Add all ingredients except meatballs to large crock pot.
Stir well.  The jelly will still be clumpy, but will melt down into the sauce as it cooks.
Add in the meatballs and stir to coat.
 I have a programmable crock pot so I set mine to cook on low for 3 hours and then it switches to warm.  These are great as appetizers but my kids LOVE them shoved in hot dog buns...  yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment