Monday, December 19, 2011

Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies

My husband told me last week that some of his co-workers were asking if I was going to be sending in cookies this Christmas.  You can imagine where that ended up (just in case you can't, it was me baking like, a hundred cookies on a Sunday night... while making dinner).  I ended up making three types, two by request and one was my pick.  These were my pick.  They are great when you have a hankering for cheesecake, but are lacking the time and/or motivation to make an actual cheesecake (like me).

Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies

Ingredients
1/4 c. butter, softened
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
Jam of choice (I used raspberry)

Directions

Cream together butter and cheese.  Blend in yolk and vanilla.  Add cake mix.  Mix until well combined.


Roll into 1" balls...


and smoosh a dip in each cookie with your thumb.

Fill each hole with about 1/2 tsp. jam.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through cooking time.  Let cool on sheet 5 minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment