Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

This is a Christmas tradition.  I make it every year to take to my mother's family's party.  When I walk in the door people are looking for it.  It is sinful.  It contains an entire stick of butter.  It should be called Chocolate Chip Butter Ball, but then no one would eat it.  Who am I kidding?  My family would probably eat more.  I serve it with chocolate graham crackers, but you could use regular graham crackers too.


Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Ingredients
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips

Directions
Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth.  As you can see I was impatient and nuked my butter for 15 seconds and kind of melted it.  Don't be like me.

Add in sugar and vanilla.

Stir in chocolate chips.  After this step I had to put mine in the fridge since I over did it on the butter, but if you softened yours properly you will not have to do that and you can...

shape it into a flat ball, or a dome or whatever you want.  You are in charge.  Keep it in the fridge and take out a few minutes before the party so it can soften.  I spread some chocolate graham crackers around it when serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment