Saturday, January 21, 2012

Taco Time

So last week I posted the taco seasoning mix I use when I make my tacos.  I hinted at the other ingredients but didn't give you the whole story because I am kind of a stink.  Tacos were on the menu this week, so I will now give you the low down.  I also made an amazing sour cream Mexican rice which I will post for your gastric enjoyment...  tomorrow.

Taco Filling
Ingredients
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp. taco seasoning (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you haven't been paying attention)
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. tomato sauce
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. brown sugar

Directions:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering.  Add onion and cook until softened (5ish minutes).
Add the garlic and seasoning and cook, stirring constantly about 30 seconds.
Add ground beef and cook, breaking meat up, until no longer pink.
Add in remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered until most of the liquid has cooked off (not all).
 
 
***Use this as a filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos or even a chile rellenos casserole (maybe I'll make one of those soon, yum.)***

*This recipe is from my favorite cookbook of all time The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2010.  It is the best cookbook I own.  Go buy one.  Today.  Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment