Monday, January 16, 2012

Green Salad with Caper Vinaigrette

One of my favorite restaurants is a little spot called Meadowlark.  They make an amazing salad that they serve as a side option.  It is lettuce, spinach, cabbage and a caper vinaigrette.  It is simple and wonderful.  It is so good, I choose it over french fries every time. 
Even though I knew for a fact my husband would not appreciate the wonders of a caper vinaigrette, I decided to make my own version.  After many questions and a thorough inspection, he tried it and decided "it was not as bad as he thought it would be".  Hmmmmmm.  I should probably keep pine nuts to myself too.

Green Salad with Caper Vinaigrette
Ingredients
All the amounts here depend on how much salad you are making
lettuce-I used green leaf and red leaf
cabbage
capers and juice from the jar-I used about 2 Tbsp.
extra virgin olive oil-I used about 4 Tbsp.
salt and pepper
Parmesan

Directions
Chop up your lettuce into bite sized pieces.

Put your capers and juice in a jar with a tight fitting lid

add in the olive oil and salt and pepper,

and shake it like crazy, until it's mixed up.  Taste it and see if you need more of anything.  If not, proceed.

Cut the cabbage into shreds and toss it onto the lettuce followed by some grated Parmesan and the vinaigrette.  Done!  It is so easy and tastes so beautiful, I promise it will be one of your go-to salads!



No comments:

Post a Comment