Sunday, January 1, 2012

Key Lime Cheesecake Dip

Last night we went to a friend's house for a New Year's Eve party.  I had to work until 3, then pick my daughter up, run to the store and make appetizers... the party started at 6.  I had to come up with quick nibble options.  This is one of my all time favorite party foods.  It is sweet, tangy, creamy, super fast and super easy.  It went together so speedy, I had time to lay down and take a little siesta (I was still in bed by 11 because I'm old).

Key Lime Cheesecake Dip
Ingredients
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tbsp. lime zest
1/2 c. heavy cream

Directions
 

Stir together the cream cheese and sugar.

Add juice and zest and mix.

Spread cream cheese mixture in a deepish dish.  Yes that matters.  Trust me.

Whip the cream and spread it over the top.  I like to leave the edges peeking out of the bottom layer so people can see what's under there.  This is also why you need a deep dish.  If you are taking it somewhere, you want to be able to cover it with plastic without ruining the whip cream top.  I are smart.

I top mine with a little more zest and some lime slices, again so people know what it is.  I serve it with graham cracker sticks.  I think I ate half of it by myself.  I think I will eat what is left for breakfast... with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment