Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

I have some very cool old cookbooks from fundraisers for church's, city, schools and who knows what else.  These are some of my favorite places to find something yummy to make because they are usually full of tried and true family recipes.

I was going through one of my favorites and found this cake.  It reminded me of one of my biggest hits Too Much Chocolate Cake.  I had to make it.  Of course, I doctored it up because I can't resist the urge.  Holy cow was it good.  I mean G-O-O-D.  I mean, stock up on milk, good.  I mean, line up some cardio to offset the massive amount you will consume, good.

With only seven ingredients and no mixer required, this cake will be one of my new go-to, company's coming over desserts.  Try it out and I bet you will add it to your list too!  Happy baking!

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
 
Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs
1 c. buttermilk
6 oz. chocolate chips
1 bar German Chocolate (it is with the bars of chocolate in the baking aisle) grated, reserve 1/4 c. for topping
 
Directions:
Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, and buttermilk.
Stir in chips and grated chocolate.
Pour into well greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. 
DO NOT OPEN OVEN WHILE CAKE IS BAKING. I am not sure why, but the recipe said this and I didn't want to try it and find out because I really wanted to eat cake.
 
**If you want, you can make a simple glaze with 1 c. powdered sugar and 3 Tbsp. milk to drizzle over the cake***
 
**Sprinkle cooled cake with reserved chocolate shavings***



No comments:

Post a Comment