Thursday, May 30, 2013

Duh

Ever have an "ah ha!" moment?  One of those where you really question your intelligence based on the idiotic way you've been doing something your entire life?  I had one last year while I was making stuffed peppers.  I was pregnant and tired and getting ready to haul out a big pot to pre-boil my peppers and I thought "Why the hell am I pre-cooking something that has to cook in the oven for like an hour anyway?"  Duh.

I had another one yesterday making huge quantities of cupcakes for my daughter's birthday.  I lined and sprayed all my pans and went to get a spoon to attempt to neatly fill the cups, knowing that after a few it would go completely to hell (I'm saying hell a LOT today...) and I would be cleaning the pans in a futile attempt to end up with clean liners.  And don't get me started on trying to dispense the batter evenly.  ANYWAY, I had an "ah ha!" moment and did this:

 
Do you see the stroke of brilliance?  I scraped the batter into a gallon Ziploc bag, cut off the corner and used it like a pastry bag to easily fill my liners cleanly and evenly!  Duh!


No comments:

Post a Comment