Thursday, February 2, 2012

Saucy Pork Chops

I like a one pot meal.  Mostly because I'm lazy and I freaking HATE doing dishes!  I am also a fan of stuff mixed together which is the whole premise of the one pot thing.  If it's also covered in gravy, well what could be better?!  This is a simple, stick-to-your-ribs weeknight meal that would be great on a winter night with some crusty bread to help transport the gravy to your gullet. 

Saucy Pork Chops
Ingredients
4 pork chops (I prefer boneless loin chops)
salt and pepper
2 tsp. oil
1 onion, diced
2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
3-4 Yukon Gold potatoes, halved and sliced
2-3 Tbsp. flour
3 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. thyme



Directions
Dry off the chops with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.  I prefer boneless chops, but these were what I had so sue me.

Heat the oil in a skillet until shimmering.  Add in your chops

 and brown on both sides then transfer them to a plate.

 Add the onion to the skillet and cook until a little soft.

While the onion is cooking, slice up your carrots.

Toss the carrots in with the onions and let them cook a minute.

While the carrots cook, slice up the potatoes.  I cut mine in half and then sliced them into half moons.

Add in the potatoes and then throw in the flour and stir it around and cook for a minute.

The stir in the broth and thyme and let it come up to a simmer.

Put your chops back in the pot put on the lid and cook until the potatoes and carrots are tender and the chops are 160 degrees (If you don't have a meat thermometer, buy one.  They are worth finding the drawer space for.)

Then stir everything up and check the seasonings and add more salt and pepper if needed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment