Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dakota Hills Breakfast Bake

I am lucky enough to come from a family full of good cooks.  My grandmother had seven kids, so she really didn't have any other option than to make dinner every night.  I grew up listening to stories about the food my grandma made while my mom and aunts and uncle were growing up.  Even twenty and thirty years later, they still remember the meals their mom made.
These stories shaped the way I feed my own family.  They made me realize how very important dinner was to kids.  Because of this, I do my best to make sure we sit down to dinner every night.  I also try to incorporate some of my family's recipes in my dinner repertoires.  Luckily, we put together a family cookbook last Christmas, so I have some of the best of the bunch at my fingertips and because I am so generous, I have decided to post some of my favorites to share!
This recipe is from my Aunt Anne.  It is a staple at our brunch get-togethers.  It is a one dish breakfast and it makes a 13"x9" pan so it is great to feed a crowd.  Add toast or biscuits and you have yourself a hearty and homey meal.

Dakota Hills Breakfast Bake
Ingredients
1 lb. breakfast sausage, browned and drained
1/2 bag frozen, shredded hash browns
10 eggs
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 to 1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
Dump the hash browns in a non-stick sprayed 13"x9" baking dish.
Spread the sausage over the hash browns.
Combine the soup, cheese and eggs in a bowl and stir well.
Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until bubbly and spotty brown on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment