Friday, February 17, 2012

Blond Brownies

I was craving something sweet.  When I want something sweet, I want a baked good.  Candy or ice cream is okay, but I love anything warm and gooey.  That probably explains why you find a plethora ("Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?") of desert items on this blog.  I come by it honestly.  When I was organizing the family recipes for our cookbook, there was a ridiculously disproportionate amount of desserts. 
This is one of my favorites (of course my favorites probably number in the triple digits... don't judge me).  It is my mom's recipe.  I don't see too many people making blond brownies, so I thought I would share it with you.  Motivate you to be more accepting of other types of brownies.  Expand your horizons.  Try them.  Now.


Blond Brownies
Ingredients
2/3 c. melted shortening (I used butter, surprising, right?)
2 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten slightly
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
1/3 c. chopped nuts (I used all chocolate chips)

Directions
Cream sugar and shortening (or butter). 
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
Mix together the eggs and vanilla and add the mixture to the butter/sugar and blend.
Mix in the dry ingredients then stir in the chips and/or nuts.
Spread into a greased 9"x13" baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes then enjoy your ooey gooey baked good!




No comments:

Post a Comment