Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beer Bread

Feeding hungry people is a big part of my life.  I am stuck in a constant cycle of making food, feeding food and cleaning up food.  With all this food related work (not to mention laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, moping, straightening, scrubbing, and on and on) I am always looking for quick and easy (and yummy) options to add to my bag of tricks.
I have been making this particular recipe since I was 19.  It is one of the easiest quick breads I have ever made and it has a great depth from the yeasty, hoppy addition of beer.  My kids love it with dinner and toasted with eggs the next morning.  I love it because it takes less time to stir together than it takes for the oven to pre-heat!

Beer Bread
 
 
Ingredients:
12 oz. beer
3 c. self-rising flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. melted butter
 
Directions:
Stir together flour and sugar.
Pour in beer and stir to form a sticky dough.
Spread into a greased loaf pan and pour butter over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment