Monday, August 26, 2013

Craft Like a Man

I love to camp.  I mean loooooooove to camp.  I love playing outside, I love exploring new places, I love spending uninterrupted time with my family, I love schmoes (if you don't know what that is, you clearly have not watched enough Toy Story), I love the smell of a campfire, I love the sounds of the woods at night, I could go on and on.

My husband loves to camp too....  IF and only IF you can guarantee him it will NOT rain.  We live in Ohio.  It is sunny, rainy, humid, snowy and windy.  Sometimes in the same day.  The weather is NEVER a sure thing.  Therefore, getting him to camp is not easy.

I finally convinced him to go and he realized camping might be the perfect trip for him.  He gets to build things and then set some of it on fire.  In his world, that is a perfect day.  The only problem?  We live in Ohio (see above).  In the middle of the first night, we got what the meteorologist called a light shower.  I would liken it more to a downpour, but whatever.  As I am sure you are aware, fabric can only resist so much water.  Our tent leaked.  Our blankets got wet.  Our picnic tent collapsed... onto our sleeping tent.  Then it leaked more.

I was sure this would solidify my husbands opinion that camping was to risky of a venture and I would never enjoy it again.  He loves to be right (unfortunately he frequently is).  However, I was reminded of why I love him.  He said "Start looking for a camper".

At the time, I was overjoyed and imagining how cute I could make our mini home on wheels.  We found the perfect travel trailer and immediately bought her.  With triple bunks in the back, a queen bed in the front and a booth and couch that both turn into beds, we would have plenty of space for us and whatever friends tag along.  At 26 feet, she is light and easy (relative) to manage.
 


We got her home and started stocking her up for our travels.  I noticed some discoloration of the vinyl in the back end.  Our sweet little camper was leaking... everywhere.

Since my life is currently consumed by camper rehab, guess what you get to hear about?  That's right!  Adventures in camper rehab starts tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment