Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Grammy's Special Seasoning

My grandmother is a great cook.  She introduced me to the wonderful, wide world of herbs.  Every year she has a beautiful herb garden and sends the kids out to snip what she needs for the dish she is making.  My daughter loves to run out and grab a big handful of basil for tomatoes or chives for potatoes (tarragon throws her though).
This is a blend of herbs and spices that my grandmother  uses for all kinds of dishes.  It is a great rub for poultry, a nice way to pep up chicken or potato soup, I sprinkle it on sautéed vegetables and my daughter's favorite use is cooked into rice.  This makes a good sized batch (about 3/4 cup) and I guarantee you will be making a second batch.

Garlic Herb Seasoning
 
 
 
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. dried leaf marjoram
2 Tbsp. dried leaf oregano
2 Tbsp. dried leaf rosemary
2 Tbsp. dried leaf basil
2 Tbsp. dried leaf parsley
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. dried leaf thyme
1 Tbsp. salt
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground black pepper
 
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid.  Store in a cool dry place.  Be sure to shake to redistribute before using!


No comments:

Post a Comment