Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Frosty Date Balls

I love the holidays.  I love the decorations, the time with my family, the music...  Mostly I love that I can bake copious amounts of cookies without judgement since most people assume I am passing them out as gifts.  Snort.  I guess I do start with good intentions, but they fly out the window as soon as the oven timer goes off.  Since this is the season of giving, I felt I should stop being so stingy, so I have decided to share my cookies with you...  Unfortunately, the Internet does not yet transmit baked goods, so all I can offer you are the recipes.  Shoot.



Frosty Date Balls
 
 
Ingredients
1 stick butter, softened
1/3 c. powdered sugar, plus extra for rolling
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/4 c. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
2/3 c. chopped dates
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
 
Directions
Cream butter and sugar.
Stir in water and vanilla.
Add flour and salt and mix well.
Stir in dates and nuts.
Roll into generous 1" balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes until set, but not browned.
While warm, roll in powdered sugar.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment