Monday, December 17, 2012

Black Magic Cake

So I am addicted to Pinterest... imagine that.  I find the most amazing looking recipes and pin the heck out of them.  Some are as good as they look, some are meh.  One of the best I have come across so far is Black Magic Cake.  I think everyone with a Pinterest account has this on their food board. 

I was looking for something sweet to make my husband feel better after suffering through a dinner of spaghetti squash (It was amazing by the way, but there was no dead animal in it so he was disappointed) and I saw this cake calling my name.  It was super simple to make, no creaming of butter and mixing dry and wet together separately, however, it has a long list of ingredients.  It was 100% worth it.  This is a fantastic cake.  I tweaked it a little to suit my taste, a little less sugar and more coffee flavor.  I will give you my recipe as well as the link to the original.  So, if you have to redeem yourself after a sub-par meal, whip one of these up.  I guarantee all will be forgiven!

Black Magic Cake
 
 
 
Ingredients
Cake:
1-3/4 c. flour
1-3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. coffee + 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
 
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a stand mixer.
Add remaining ingredients and beat two minutes.
Pour into greased 9"x13" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
When cool, frost.
 
Frosting:
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
3 c. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. espresso powder
 
Combine all ingredients and beat until fluffy.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment