Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fluffy Frosting

My people are not big on icing.  Let me be specific.  My people do not like butter cream icing.  It is so sweet you can almost detect the sugar granules (I'm sure some people think that is the best part).  As a result, I only made cakes topped with chocolate frosting, not necessarily a bad thing, but a little monotonous. 
A few years ago, for my daughter's fourth birthday, she wanted a blue cake...  hmph.  I scanned the internet and came across one of the best recipes I have ever found.  Jello cake.  The cake itself is not such a big deal (even though it is good).  The frosting, is the real story.  It is smooth and creamy and light.  Sweet, but not too sweet.  It can be made in any flavor instant pudding you can find.  It only takes four ingredients and all you do is dump them in and turn on the mixer.  Uh-may-zing.

Fluffy Frosting

Ingredients:
1 envelope Dream Whip
1 pkg. instant pudding (4 serving size)
1-1/2 c. cold milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
 
Dump everything in a mixer bowl.
Whip on high speed until fluffy, like light pudding.

That.  Is.  It.







No comments:

Post a Comment