Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chocolate Chip Crunchers

Here is another of the recipes my grandma brought me from her book.  These were by far my family's favorite.  My husband who is a man of few words said they "are good... really good".  If you knew him you would understand that meant they might possibly be the best cookie he had ever eaten.  One thing I did find was they are best the first day they are made.  The cornflakes hold their texture really well, but after a day or so, get more of a stale crunch with chew texture.  Don't get me wrong!  That did not stop me from eating them, I just wanted to give you the heads up.  Happy baking!

Chocolate Chip Crunchers
Ingredients:
1 c. butter, melted
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
2-1/2 c. flour
2 c. crushed cornflakes
2 c. chocolate chips

Directions:
Melt the butter in a large pot.
Add in the sugars and stir, set aside to cool slightly.
Once the mixture is cool enough, stir in the baking soda, salt, vanilla and eggs.
Fold in the flour, followed by the cornflakes and chocolate chips. 
Chill the dough until firm.
Roll into walnut sized balls and flatten on a parchment lined baking sheet. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. 
Cool on sheet 2 minutes then move to a wire rack and cool completely.









No comments:

Post a Comment