Monday, December 9, 2013

Chewy Lemon Cookies

Tis the season... for cookie baking!  As we discussed yesterday, the ladies of my family enjoyed a cookie exchange over the weekend.  I already shared one of my cookie contributions, and today I will share another.  These will lead up to my announcement of my favorite cookie of the party.  I know you are dying with anticipation.  One. More. Day.

Chewy Lemon Cookies
 
Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 tsp. lemon zest (I used more)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice (I probably used more, I just squeezed some in)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar
 
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar. 
Mix in vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice.
Combine dry ingredients (except powdered sugar) and stir into butter mixture until just combined.
Roll into heaping teaspoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
Cool, then dip tops in powdered sugar.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment