Sunday, September 15, 2013

Soft Batch Style

My family went camping this weekend and I needed a baked good to take along.  Need may sound like a strong word to you but I have a sweet-loving (sugar loving, NOT sweet and loving, just to clarify) (well, he is also sweet and loving, it's just not relevant to this post) husband and three kids.  Need is actually putting it mildly.  I wanted something new and exciting (I am kind of a cooking whore. Yes I said that. Yes I meant it.) so I went where ALL women go when they want something new to make (you can act like you don't know, but I know you are on Pinterest as much as I am.) 

I found a recipe claiming light, fluffy, tender chocolate chip cookies, all with the help of cornstarch.  Interesting.  I baked a batch and packed them up to go.  My husband found them.  He and the kids snarfed one dozen before we even got to the campground.  I am not sure how the rest met their demise (I have my theories), but three dozen cookies were GONE within 18 hours (for the record, 8 of those were spent sleeping).  My husband said they reminded him of Soft Batch brand cookies and apparently he REALLY likes Soft Batch cookies. 

Being the good wife I am, I offered to make him another batch when we got home.  They came out of the oven an hour ago and 14 are MIA.  Apparently they are really good cookies.  Your husband called.  He said you should make some too.


Soft Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
Ingredients:
3/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 c. chocolate chips
 
Directions:
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy (I use a stand mixer).
Add egg and vanilla and mix.
Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.  Add to butter/sugar and mix.
Stir in chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  In my oven they take 9 minutes.
DO NOT OVER BAKE.  They will look underdone, these are not golden brown cookies.  If you over cook them they will be dry and you will be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment